|Sambar Sadam - Tamilnadu Style|
|Easy Sambar Sadam Recipe|
|Easy mixed vegetable sambar rice|
SAMBAR SADAM TAMIL RECIPE
Recipe Source - Amma
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 10 mins
Serving suggestion - Along with appalam
Cooked rice - 2 cup
Cooked dal - 1 cup (Masoor & toor dal 50-50)
Cooked vegetables - 1 cup (50% cooked, carrots, beans, drumstick, potato, avarakkai, raw banana)
Tamarind pulp - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Big onions - 2 chopped fine
Big tomatoes - 2 chopped fine
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Roast & grind
Oil - 1 tsp
Channa dal - 2 tbsp
Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli - 2 no
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns - 1/2 tsp
Jeera/ cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves - 4-5 leaves
Gingelly Oil - 1 tbsp (recommended)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 5 no
Jeera/ cumin - 1/2 tsp
Hing - 1/2 tsp
Shallots/ small onions - 10 nos
1. In a kadai, add oil and roast channa dal until golden, pop the coriander seeds, dry red chilli, fenugreek seeds, peppercorns, jeera/ cumin, curry leaves and coconut. Roast for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate to cool down. Grind to a medium coarse powder.
2. In the same kadai add oil add the chopped big onions and saute until transparent, now add the chopped tomato and cook until mushy for 3 minutes. Now add salt and turmeric powder, mix well.
3. Add the chopped mixed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, add the tamarind pulp and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes and add the ground powder.
4. Add the cooked dal and cooked rice and mix well, cook for 3-4 minutes. Check for spices and switch off.
5. In another kadai/ handi heat oil and temper the ingredients given under to temper. Pop the mustard seeds. urad dal, curry leaves, cumin/ jeera, hing and small onions. Cook for 2 minutes until the onions are transparent.
6. Add the tempered ingredients to the cooked dal and rice, mix well.
7. Serve warm/ hot along with papad.
VEGETABLE BRINJI SADAM
SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI
VEGETABLE BIRYANI HYDERABADI STYLE
MIXED VEGETABLE PULAO
ARISIYUM PARUPPU SADAM
THINAI PARUPPU SADAM