|Kalmi Kebab Recipe|
R & I are Kebab lovers, anything tandoor will be a definite pick from any restaurant menu. But once I started to make tandoori chicken at home, we never look back. Homemade tandoori chicken is more moist, flavourful and sans food colour. I always look at tandoori or grilled recipes as it requires less oil and tastes delicious. The other day my husband requested that I make Kalmi Kebab and hence thought of posting this gorgeous recipe with all of you. This Kalmi Kebab is mild in spice, juicy, succulent, tender and tastes delicious, the longer the marination the softer your chicken and the more flavourful the chicken. Most fast food joints and restaurants serve hard and stiff tandoori, the secret is in the marinate and how you cook it. In this post you will learn how to make perfect tandoori chicken at home. I usually marinate the chicken overnight and it works like a charm. The key is also in the marination and each recipe varies in the proportions and ingredients.
|Chicken Tandoori Recipe|
|Kalmi Chicken Tandoori|
Recipe - Own
Serves - 3
Prep time - 5 mins
Marination - 3 hrs to overnight
Serving suggestion - As a starter with mint chutney
Chicken leg piece - 3 around 500 gms
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil - 1 tbsp
Curd - 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Kasthoori methi leaves (dry fenugreek leaves) - 1 tbsp crushed
Mint / Pudina leave - 10 no finely minced
Corriander leaves - 2 stalks, finely minced
Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp (adds colour)
Corriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin/ jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp or as required
Butter (melted) - 1 tbsp to rub on the cooked chicken
Onion rings - 1 large onion, to garnish
1. Wash the chicken several times in gold running water. Pan dry and make insertions using a knife on both sides of the chicken.
2. Prepare the first marination using salt, lemon juice and chilli powder and rub on both side of chicken and keep covered for 15 mins.
3. In another bowl prepare the second marination of kasthoori methi. mint, curd, mustard oil, coriander leaves, kashmiri red chilli, garam masala, cumin, ginger garlic paste and salt. Check for spices.
4. Apply this marination to the chicken on both sides and cover with an air tight lid and refrigerate overnight.
5. On the next day take out the marination and let it rest in kitchen counter top for 30 minutes. Once it comes to room temperature.
6. Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes in bake mode.
7. Prepare a baking tin and line with foil, Place the marinated chicken pieces leaving space between them.
8. First bake for 20 minutes in bake mode and then turn to grill/ rotisserie mode for 15 minutes flip sides and then continue to bake for 10 minutes.
9. You will find the chicken chard. Now as it rests in the baking tin, remove from the oven. Wrap the legs with foil and spread the butter on the chicken using a butter brush.
10. Serve warp garnish with lemon wedges, onion rings and corriander leaves.
|Oven baked chicken tandoori recipe|
|How to make Chicken Tandoori at home|
1. Remember never to put cold chicken in the oven, it has to come to room temperature before popping them to the oven.
2. I have used an OTG to bake this chicken, I have used bake and rotisserie mode to char grill the chicken. If you are using a bigger oven use grill mode to make this tandoori chicken.
3. You can mix and balance the spices according to your taste and preference. I used thick curd to make the marinate.
4. You can add more richness to the chicken by adding cream or cashew paste.
WHOLE CHICKEN TANDOORI
WHOLE PEPPER LEMON CHICKEN