|Punjabi Mooi ka paratha|
MOOLI PARATHA | PANJABI MOOLI KA PARATHA RECIPE
Recipe Source - Own
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 10 mins
Makes - 6-7 medium parathas
Serving suggestion - spiced yoghurt or raita or pickle or dal
Raddish - 2 medium sized peeled, end chopped & grated fine.
Raddish leaves - 6-7 finely chopped
Salt - 3/4 tsp adjust accordingly
Oil/ ghee - 2 tbsp to knead dough + more to fry parathas
Curd/ yoghurt - 2 tbsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chat masala - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Green chillis - 4 nos minced (discard seeds to reduce heat)
Whole wheat flour / atta - 1 and 1/2 cups + more fore kneading & rolling
1. In a bowl combine together all the ingredients mentioned and mix together to form a soft pitable dough. Cover with a kitchen towel / lid and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Knead the dough on kitchen counter top with flour for 3 minutes. Divide the dough into 6-7 balls medium sized.
3. Dab more flour on each of the dough balls and flatten using a rolling pin. Make into into thick discs not too thin or too thick.
4. Repeat the same until you have flattened all the dough balls into discs.
5. Heat a skillet to medium heat, add 1 tsp oil and place the disks and fry into parathas, flip sides after every 2 minutes until you see brown spots on the surface of the parathas.
6. Serve warm with yoghurt or your favourite dal.
1. Adding yoghurt/ curd to form the dough gives soft parathas, make sure you add it. You can adjust the spices as per your liking and taste. Other vegetables that can be added are carrots or even cooked potato as a stuffing.
2. Kneading dough makes sure that the masalas or spices used are well blended. I have used 4 small green chillis to spice the parathas you can reduce or skip them.
3. Parathas can be fried with ghee for more richness.
OTHER INDIAN FLAT BREAD RECIPES
ACHARI PANEER PARATHA
WHEAT PAROTTA / LAACHA PARATHA