|How to make chicken 65|
|Restaurant Style Chicken 65|
|Crispy Chicken fry recipe|
Recipe Source - Own
Serves - 5-6
Prep time - 5 mins
Marination - 1 hr - overnight
Cook time - 10 mins
Serving suggestion - As a starter along with lemon wedges.
Chicken Tight (with bones) - 500 gms/ 1/2 kg
Oil - to deep fry
Curry leaves - 2 springs (20 leaves)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder - 3 tsp (gives colour)
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 20 leaves finely chopped
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
All purpose flour/ maida - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp (recommended)
Salt- 1 tsp
1. Wash chicken in running water 3-4 times. Transfer to a colander to drip away all excess water, let it rest for 10 mins.
2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients given under to marinate and mix well add the chicken pieces and mix well so that the chicken is well coated with all the spices.
3. Cover and place in a refrigerator overnight/ for minimum 1 hour.
4. 30 minutes before frying take the chicken marination out and let it come to room temperature.
5. In a wok/ kadai heat oil. First add the curry leaves and once it splutters, remove with a slotted spoon from the hot oil. This enhances the flavor of the oil. Do not skip this step.
6. Now start adding the chicken pieces in medium heat oil and fry for 2 minutes each side until well cooked. Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken pieces and drain in a kitchen towel.
7. Once the oil drains, serve hot along with onion rings and lemon wedges.
|Spicy Chicken Fry|
1. Make sure oil is in medium heat and not too hot, else the chicken will not cook well.
2. Make sure you add chopped curry leaves in the marinate they give excellent flavor. The vinegar used in the marinate gives an amazing flavor to the finished dish, if you are not comfortable using vinegar replace with lemon juice but I highly recommend using vinegar.
3. Frying curry leaves first in oil flavors the oil so well, this tip is a keeper.
4. Marination helps to tenderize the chicken and make it soft. I also have used chicken thigh the pieces are in general soft and succulent.
5. For a less spicy version just add only pepper and curry leaves and skip the other spices.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES