|Whole Wheat Parotta Recipe|
|How to make wheat lachha paratha?|
|Wheat Parotta Recipe|
Recipe Source - Own
Makes - 8 parottas
Prep time - 30 mins
Cook time - 10 mins for entire batch
Serving suggestion - Egg curry, chicken curry or veg curry.
Whole wheat flour/ atta - 2 cups+ 2 tbsp for layers
Salt - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/8 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Warm Water - 3/4 - 1 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp for making dough, greasing layers & cooking parotta
1. In a wide bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and mix well with hands to combine. Now add oil and spread evenly in the dough with hands.
2. After you add oil, now add water little by little to form a soft pitable dough. If its sticky don't worry.Spread more oil and cover set aside for 30 mins.
3. Knead the dough for 2 minutes and divide into balls, keep covered. Take one ball roll smooth on kitchen countertop. Using a rolling pin flatten the dough stretching it to the maximum without flipping sides. Sprinkle 1 tsp oil on the flattened dough.
4. Now sprinkle flour and now spread the flour and start folding the dough starting from one end like pleats and join to the other end.
5. Twist the dough, start rolling from one end joining the other.
6. Flatten the dough with your hand and set aside. Repeat the same for all the dough. Flatten it gently with a rolling pin and set aside. Heat a skillet and add 1 tsp oil.
7. Add to a medium hot skillet. Place the parotta dough and fry on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden and fully cooked.
|Atta Parotta Recipe|
1. I used full whole wheat you can use 50-50 plain flour (maida) + wheat flour (atta)
2. For more flavour you can add crushed jeera/cumin and add to the flour before kneading.
3. Adding baking soda gives flaky layers to the parotta. So never miss to add it.
4. Adding sugar does not add sweetness to the parotta but helps the parotta to have a golden brown colour when fried.
5. You can add warm milk to knead the dough too.
6. Be generous and use oil/ ghee to suit your taste. The layers come best when using oil and flour to layer them.
SOME CURRIES TO GO WITH PAROTTA
GOAN EGG CURRY
KERALA EGG ROAST
BOILED EGG CURRY
CHICKEN GHEE ROAST
FRIED CHICKEN CURRY
CHILLI CHICKEN BALTI
HYDERABADI CHICKEN CURRY
MUTTON PEPPER FRY