|Goan Egg Drop Curry|
Goa is known for its beaches, seafood and many other tasty and unique culinary preparations. Mostly you will find fresh ground spices, coconut, red chillis and vinegar. This Goan Egg drop curry is a simple mildly spicy gravy with coconut, coconut milk and tamarind.
|Spicy Indian Egg curry recipe|
|Parotta Egg Curry|
Recipe Source - adapted from PVR
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 15 mins
Serves - 2 generously
Serving Suggestion - Parotta, Chappathi, Naan
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
Garlic pods - 4 nos chopped fine
Tomato - 1 large, finely chopped
Egg - 2 nos
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Kashmiri red chilli - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin/ Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Grated coconut - 5 tbsp
Tamarind - one small piece, blueberry sized
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garlic cloves - 3 nos
1. Chop onions and tomato set aside. Prepare the ground paste and set aside. Prepare the coconut milk and set aside.
2. In a wide pan heat oil, fry the onions until transparent, add in the chopped garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and cook with a little salt for 3 minutes.
3. Add spices - kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Now add in the ground paste and cook further for 4 minutes in medium flame.
5. Add one cup water and bring it to a boil, break the eggs and drop them in the curry one by one.
6. Cook covered for 3 minutes.
7. Now add the coconut milk and mix gently, check for spices and serve hot with roti/ chappati/ naan/ parotta.
|Egg Drop Curry Indian|
1. I altered the recipe by using coriander and kashmiri red chilli powder, you can use the whole ones to make the ground paste like in the original recipe.
2. Make sure that the eggs are cooked before adding the coconut milk.
3. You can garnish with coriander leaves.
MORE EGG RECIPES
RESTAURANT STYLE EGG KURMA
EGG DUM BIRYANI
KERALA EGG ROAST
EGG MINT CURRY
Stay tuned for Wheat Parotta recipe up next on CLP ;-)