|Paneer Tikka Recipe|
|Tandoori Paneer Tikka|
|Paneer Starter Recipe|
Recipe Source - Own
Serves - 4 generously
Prep time - 10 mins
Marination time - minimum 30 mins - 3 hrs
Cook time - 10 mins
Serving suggestion - as a starter.
Paneer / cottage cheese - 200 gms, chopped into cubes
Onion - 1 large, quartered
Red Capsicum - 1 large, quartered
Yellow/ Green Capsicum - 1 large, quartered
Oil - 1 tbsp to brush on top
Thick curd/ yoghurt - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - juice from 1 lemon (medium)
Kasthuri methi - 1 tsp
kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 tsp (adds colour)
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/3 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - 1 tsp
1. Quarter the onions, bell peppers (capsicum) into cubes and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients mentioned under marination, using a hand whisk stir well and divide into two bowls in one add the cubed paneer and in the other add the bell peppers and onions.
3. Set aside to marinate for 30 min - 3 hours.
4. Oven: If using an oven use bake/ grill mode and pre-heat to 200 C and line a baking tray with foil. Prepare skewars and line the paneer, peppers and onions alternately. Line in the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 mins flipping side and further bake for 5 mins.
5. Stove top: Grease with oil and place the skewars flipping sides every 2 minutes to get an even coating.
6. Remove from skewars and serve along with green chutney.
1. Always use fresh yoghurt and lemon juice for more succulent paneer tikka, make sure that the paneer is also fresh.
2. For amazing flavours rub the warm paneer tikka with melted butter and make sure you marinate for minimum 30 mins upto 3 hours.
3. You can avoid chaat masala and add garam masala instead. Adding saffron also gives amazing flavour.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE
MINT YOGHURT DIPPING CHUTNEY
ACHARI PANEER STUFFED PARATHA
PANEER CIGAR ROLLS
MUSHROOM PANEER CURRY