|Karunai Kizhamgu Fry Recipe|
|Elephant Yam spicy fry|
KARUNAI KIZHANGU FRY | ELEPHANT YAM ROAST
Recipe Source - Amma
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 5-10 mins whole batch
Serving suggestion - as a side along with rice and curry
Yam / Karunai Kizhanghu - 12 pieces, medium (200 gms)
Turmeric - 2 pinches
Salt - 2 pinches
Oil - 1 tbsp (Adjust according)
To make to a paste
Gram flour/ besan - 1 tbsp
Rice flour - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. In a pressure cooker add 1/2 cup bring it to a boil add the salt, turmeric powder and pressure cook for 1 whistle or 3-4 minutes.
2. Let the pressure settle down and remove the pieces of yam, set aside to cool down.
3. Make a paste of the ingredients mentioned in the list to make paste. Once the yam is cooled down add the coated masala and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Prepare a pan/ skillet with oil and add the pieces of yam in batches and fry each side for 1 minute in medium flame until crisp.
5. Remove from the pan and serve warm/ in room temperature along with your favorite rice and curry.
|Karunai Kizhangu Roast|
1. Pressure cooking yam makes sure that the yam is evenly cooked. I usually make the yam as chunks of 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Instead of tamarind paste you can add lemon juice/ tomato ketchup/ any fish fry masala powder.
3. This recipe does not give fully crispy yam roast but partially if you want to be too crisp then you can add more rice flour or pat the batter coated yam in roasted semolina and fry.
RAW BANANA ROAST
GOBI/ CAULIFLOWER 65
RAW BANAN KOLA