|Mulai Keerai Masiyal Recipe|
|Amarnath Leaves Curry|
MULAI KEERAI MASIYAL | AMARNATH LEAVES RECIPE
Recipe Source - Amma
Serves - 4-5 people
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 10 mins
Serving suggestion - Along with white rice and vegetarian side.
Amarnath/ Mulai keerai - 1 big bunch nearly 1 heaped cup
Country tomato - 1 medium chopped
Sallots/ small onions - 5 nos chopped
Garlic pods - 4 no chopped
Green chillis - 3 no
Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Jeera/ cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Jeera/ cumin - 1/4 tsp
Hing/ Asefotedia - 1 pinch
Dry red chilli - 1 no
Curry leaves - 5-6 no
Garlic - flattened 3-4 no
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp for tempering
1. Take a kadai, once it is warm add keerai leaves, tomato, shallots, garlic and green chillis, cover and cook in slow flame for 2-3 minutes until the leaves are wilted.
2. Once the leaves are wilted stir well and add the spices turmeric, cumin/jeera, tamarind and mix well. Let it boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes. Makes sure it is in slow flame. Switch off.
3. Cool completely and grind for few seconds in whip setting.
4. To temper add oil, once hot splutter the mustard seeds, cumin/ jeera, asefotedia/ hing, curry leaves, red chilli and flattened garlic.
5. Add the tempered ingredients to the ground keerai.
6. Serve with hot rice, ghee, pappad and poriyal.
|Easy Keerai Masiyal Recipe|
1. Usually Amma does not puree the masiyal to smooth, she makes it half way through to give it a texture. You can do it either ways, but for me I love Amma's version.
2. You can skip tamarind and use tomato instead. But remember to saute them along with the onions.
3. Adding roasted / tempered garlic gives a punch to this curry, you can even grind it along with the keerai.
VENDHAYA KEERAI KARA KUZHAMBHU
VENDHAYA KEERAI SAMBAR
SPINACH COCONUT RICE
RED SPINACH MANGO CURRY
SPINACH SHALLOTS STIR FRY
LOW FAT PALAK KOFTA CURRY
SPINACH CHICKEN- CHINESE
DRUMSTICK LEAVES PORIYAL
VALLARAI KEERAI/ BHRAMI LEAVES THUVAYAL