|Moist Jewish Honey cake recipe|
Pouring some honey on the warm muffins adds a bit of sweetness to them.
|Best honey cake muffin recipe|
|Moist honey muffin recipe|
Recipe Source - here
Makes - 8-10 large muffins / 9" cake
Prep time - 8 mins
Bake time - 15-18 mins
Maida/ all purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Strong coffee - 1 cup (1 cup water & 1 tsp instant coffee)
Eggs - 2
Sugar - 1 cup
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp oil (I used refined)
Honey - 3/4 cup (plus extra to glaze)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F / 180 C, prepare a muffin tin/ cake tin and set aside.
2. Sift dry ingredients - flour + baking powder + baking soda + cinnamon + cocoa powder for 2-3 times until ocmbined set aside.
3. In another bowl beat the eggs until creamy ( around a minute), slowly add the sugar and beat until the sugar is well dissolved and the mixture is creamy.
4. Add the oil and honey and mix just until combined ( do not over mix) else the cake will turn hard.
5. Now add the flour mixture in batches alternating with the brewed coffee. Add in the vanilla.
6. Pour into prepared cake tin/ muffin tin and set in the centre of oven to bake for 20 mins incase you are making muffins and 30-35 mins incase baking a cake of 9" size.
7. Once done, insert a toothpick / skewer in the centre of the muffin/ cake and check if it comes clean if there are few crumbs that is fine, make use it is not wet and full of batter.
8. Let it cool for 10 mins on the pan itself and then flip the cake/ muffins to cook further. You can even cut the cake/ muffins while still warm and enjoy.
9. For added sweetness drizzle honey on top of the warm cake.
|Butterless honey muffins|
1. Do not over mix the batter after adding honey as it can tend to harden the cake / muffins.
2. Using an electric whisk is not necessary, a hand whisk should do.
3. Original recipe calls for canola oil but I used refined oil.
4. I used regular honey, make sure it is brown in colour. Using coffee in this cake does not add coffee flavour but enhances the flavour of honey in the cake.
5. You can use nuts/ raisins in this recipe but make sure to roll them in plain flour before adding them to the batter.
6. To avoid the honey sticking to the measuring cup use oil to pour in the same cup before measuring honey, this way you will not waste a drop of honey / oil ;-)
EGGLESS MARBLE CAKE
EGGLESS CUSTARD POWDER MARBLE CAKE
DATES NUT CAKE
EGGLESS BUTTERLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
BUTTERMILK TUTTI FRUTTI CAKE
CARDAMOM CAKE BAKERY STYLE