|Eggless Oats Coconut Fruit & Nuts Bar|
Here's a list of readers favorite Christmas recipes from last year ;-) a blast from the past!
|Rolled Oats almond cranberry bars|
EGGLESS OATS COCONUT FRUIT & NUT BAR RECIPE
Rolled oats - 1 cup
Dry sweetened coconut flakes - 3/4 cup
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Silvered almonds - 1/2 cup
Chopped cranberries - 1/4 cup
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Melted butter (unsalted) - 1 and 1/2 stick (1 cup)
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients except 1/2 cup coconut flakes and mix well so that all the ingredients are well mixed.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 F for 10 minutes, line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mix by pressing it to the pan making an even layer.
3. Sprinkle the coconut flakes and flatten it on the pan using your fingers/ back of a spoon.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top browns, once done remove the pan from the oven and let the baked granola sit in the pan for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
5.Remove the granola along with the parchment and using a knife slice them into bars or chunks.
Enjoy delicious homemade granola bars along with a cuppa or as a quick snack.
1. You can add your preferred nuts and raisins to the recipe. Its such a forgiving recipe but don't miss the coconut as it adds such a beautiful flavor to these bars.
2. The texture of these granola bars is crunchy on the outside and lightly soft on the inside.
3. You can make a jam center to these granola bars by layering granola -> jam -> granola, if you are adding jam make sure to reduce the sugar in the granola mix.
4. You can make this vegan by addng vegan butter or earth balance or extra virgin coconut oil instead of butter in the recipe.
OATS BREAKFAST BARS
MASALA OATS WITH GREENS & LENTIL
FRUIT & NUT BISCOTTI
MIXED OATS LADDU
CHOCOLATE OATS YOGURT