|Ladi Pav | Pav Bhaji buns Recipe|
|Easy Eggless Dinner Rolls Recipe|
|How to make pav buns at home|
|Soft pav buns recipe without eggs|
PAV BUNS RECIPE | LADI PAV RECIPE | EGGLESS DINNER ROLLS
Recipe Source - Here
Prep time - 10 mins
Proof time - 1 + 1 hours
Bake time - 12 mins - 15 mins
Makes - 16 medium pav buns
Whole milk - 1 cup
Active dry yeast - 1 satchet (2 and 1/2 tsp)
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Maida/ all purpose flour - 3 cups
Unsalted buttter softened - 3 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Butter/ milk - 2 tbsp to brush the rolls
1. Warm the milk in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds, add in the sugar and yeast and mix well set aside to proof for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes give a good mix and set aside for another 5 minutes.
2. Combine the flour, salt and butter in a mixing bowl and add in the yeast. Form a dough and cover set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Now transfer the dough to a work surface and knead for 15 minutes till the dough is soft and pitable, if its sticky just dusk some more flour. If its dry add some milk.
4. Now make a ball of the dough and transfer to a greased mixing bowl, add more oil on the dough so that it does not form a crust, cover with cling film / a cloth to proof for an hour in a warm place.
5. I usually keep the bowl in the oven with the light on (remember the oven must not be on).
6. After an hour remove the mixing bowl and punch the dough knead for 2-3 minutes. Divide the dough into 16 parts or 8 parts, i made medium sized pav buns you can make them bigger too.
7. Line them in a greased 9 inch pan apart with 1" distance between the dough balls.
8. Once all the dough is lined cover with cling film or cloth to proof again for 1 hour. I place them in the oven with light on.
9. Once the buns are fully proofed take out the tray, brush them with melted butter/ milk and preheat the oven to 375 F for 10 mins and bake in center of oven for 12-15 minutes.
10. Once done remove the baking tray from the oven and place on a cooling rack, let the buns coll down or serve while they are still warm.
Enjoy soft homemade pav buns/ ladi pav / dinner rolls.
Stay tuned for Pav Bhaji masala recipe ;-)
|Pav Bhaji Recipe|
1. To get perfectly foamy yeast mix, make sure to warm water in a microwave for 20 seconds and tip in the sugar and yeast, set aside to proof for 5 minutes.
2. While using milk to proof yeast make sure that the milk has fat (full fat) the fat in the milk helps to activate yeast, you can also proof yeast with water.
3. If you eat eggs I suggest you to brush the buns with egg wash before baking them, this gives a lovely golden color to the rolls but you can always use butter / milk.
4. These buns stay fresh for 3-4 days in room temperature. You can warm them everytime in the microwave for 10-20 seconds before serving.