If you are a beginner in baking it a must do recipe. You could also use a loaf tin to bake it, the choice is yours.
Simple, easy and with ingredients available in anyone's pantry. So what are you waiting for?
Recipe Source ~ Nags (modified using dates)
Ingredients needed :
1-2 ripe yellow banana (I used 2 since the bananas were quite small)
1/4 cup white powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white flour/ maida
1 tsp vanilla essence
Couple of dates (you can use any nuts or raisins, depending on what you like)
- Keep the butter out in room temperature and mash the bananas in a separate bowl, just before you start beating the ingredients.
- Beat the sugar and butter such that the sugar entirely dissolves in the butter.
- Add the 2 eggs and whisk till the two combine.
- Add the banana mash and beat in low setting until all the lumps disappear
- Now add the vanilla essence and the white flour, combine using a wooden spoon, do not whisk at this point and later add the dates/ any nut of your choice.
- Later set it in a greased cake tin and put it on a preheated oven for 180 degree/ fan grill for 40-45 mins until a skewer inserted in center comes clean.
- Once done take the cake pan and place it on a cooling rack for 10 mins with the pan. Later flip the cake and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy the cake.
- Powder the sugar and then measure, sugar can be adjusted based on the sweetness of the banana
- Always sieve the flour before adding to the whisked mixture, while sieving add a pinch of salt
- While setting the mixture in a cake tin, tap it a couple of times so that there is no air pockets in the cake