|Kale Chips Indian Style|
|Fresh Kale Leaves|
|Kale Leaves before and after baking|
|How to make Kale Chips|
HOW TO MAKE KALE CHIPS | INDIAN STYLE KALE CHIPS RECIPE
Recipe - Own
Makes - 250 gms of chips
Prep time - 5 mins
Bake time - 8-10 mins
Storage - well on a counter top or in an air tight container
Fresh Kale - 250 gms, 4-5 medium strands
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Garlic Salt - to taste
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Clean the kale leaves in cold running water and pat fry the water using a kitchen towel and let them rest on the counter top for 5 minutes to drain all traces of water.
2. Now pull out the leaves like how you would pull out curry leaves from the stem.
3. Tear the leaves further to bite sized pieces and throw them into a bowl.
4. Pre-heat oven to 400F for 10 minutes and add olive oil, salt and red chilli to the kale leaves and mix well until all the leaves are well coated with oil and spice.
5. Place the leaves on the baking tray giving space between them and bake for 8-10 minutes until the leaves start changing colour, you can also turn the leaves half way through baking.
6. Once done remove the tray from the oven and let them cool completely, enjoy fresh homemade kale chips.
1. You can skip the spices and make them plain too.
2. You can add pinch of chaat masala or turmeric or cumin for a even more flavour. You can also use coconut oil instead of olive oil.