“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand” ~ Unknown
;-) How fun would life be if cookies were perfect for diet ??? sigh... As I write this post I so miss munching on these buttery cookies that I baked a fortnight ago. I love to bake and the baking bug seem to have vanished now and apparently when I do I seem to do it quite frequently. Does this happen to you? as of now I am on a baking low, so hence to boost up my spirits thought of doing this post on cookies. There cannot be an easier recipe as this for someone who is a beginner in baking. And I have to mention that these cookies don't have any baking powder or baking soda so its kids friendly in every way.
WHEAT FLOUR ALMOND COOKIE RECIPE
Recipe Source ~ here
Makes ~ 12 medium-big cookies
Prep & Bake time ~ 20 mins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of milk or less
- Pre heat the oven to 360 degree F. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, sliced almonds and cardamom powder well.
- Next add soft butter and milk to the flour mixture to make dough. Dough should be very soft.Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 1/2” in thickness.Place the dough balls on a grease free cookie sheet about inch a part.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown.
- After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.