Breadcrumbs are easy to make and can be stored for upto 3 months in the refrigerator covered and packed in a good air locked container. I usually use bread that is about to be stale toast it and then crumble it using a mixer. I later use up breakcrumbs to make cutlets, dumplings and kola urundais. I find the store bought breadcrumbs are too grainy and cost quite a lot too. When we can make breadcrumbs at home why buy store bought bread crumbs? You do not need an oven or a toaster to toast bread, here I have shared a simple and easy way how to do bread crumbs using stove stop method with stepwise instructions.
HOMEMADE BREADCRUMBS USING STOVE TOP METHOD
Makes - 2 cups of breadcrumbs
Things you will need
Aging bread - 10 slices
Non stick skillet
Air tight container
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium-high, once its hot place the bread slices flat on them (do not grease them). Once the side gets taosted and has a good golden crust, flip side and toast it. Stake the bread on a plate and let it cool down
- Tear the bread into pieces and put on a mixer and crumble it for under 30 seconds.
- Store in air-tight container and place in a refrigerator for upto 3 months and use as and when needed
- Make sure you use an air tight container to store the breadcrumbs
- Make sure you toast the bread well on both sides and let it cool before crumbling else you will spoil your mixer and the breadcrumbs would have moisture because of the heat
- At first the breadcrumbs would be a bit soft once you refrigerate they will be a bit firm