|Thayir Sadam Recipe|
What is so great about curd rice? why post a recipe for this? might me the question for many who is seeing this post on my blog? The reason for sharing this recipe is for beginners who struggle to get the perfect taste to tempered curd rice. I have been there and gone through it, but eventually I learnt the taste and trick to getting the perfect curd rice. I can live for a week or almost daily just eating curd rice, I think it has to go with my Amma's genes as she is also someone who loves curd. There can never be a meal complete without us enjoying a spoon of curd. Its a must, I love having curd rice plain but at times I enjoy them tempered like the rice I am sharing today. Curd rice, lemon pickle, potato chips are one amazing combination.
|How to make perfect curd rice|
|Tamil style curd rice|
Recipe Source - Own
Prep time - 10 mins
Serves - 2-3 generously
Serving suggestion - Lemon pickle, potato chips, potato masala / appalam
Cooked rice - 1/2 cup
Curd fresh - 3/4 cup
Water/ milk - 1/3 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2-3 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Ural dal split - 1 tsp
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 4-5 torn
Ginger - 1 inch finely minced
Green chilli - 2 slit and chopped fine
Mint leaves - 4-5 finely chopped
Corriander leaves - 3 strands finely chopped
Pomegranate - 3-4 tbsp (or use shredded carrots)
Cashew - 3-4 finely chopped
1. In a bowl slightly mash the hot rice, add in the curd & water/ milk, salt and mix well.
2. In a kadai add the oil and temper the mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, curry leaves, ginger, green chillis and give it a good stir.
3. Now add the tempering to the curd and rice mix, along with the chopped mint, corriander, cashew and mix well check for salt.
4. Garnish with pomegranate and serve immediately.
1. I usually use a little mushy rice to make curd rice, I use fresh curd and not sour one. Adding green chilli and ginger gives lots of flavor to the curd rice.
2. You can add green grapes (seedless) variety instead or along with pomegranate.
3. If you do not like fruits in curd rice then add shredded carrots, finely chopped raw mango to the tempering and cook for 2 minutes before adding it to the curd rice.
4. Some restaurants add cashew and raisins to the curd rice, but its totally optional.
VEGETABLE BRINJI SADAM
SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI
VEGETABLE BIRYANI HYDERABADI STYLE
MIXED VEGETABLE PULAO
ARISIYUM PARUPPU SADAM
THINAI PARUPPU SADAM