|Wheat Flour Halwa using Jaggery|
|Easy 10 minute wheat halwa recipe|
|Godumai halwa recipe|
|Quick 10 minute halwa recipe | Atte ke Halwa|
Recipe Source - Divine Taste
Serves - 8 people
Makes - 200 gms halwa
Total cooking time - 10 mins
Ghee - 3 full tbsp (homemade)
Wheat flour/ atta - 3/4 cup
Water - 1 and 1/2 cup
Jaggery powdered - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Nuts - 2-3 tbsp (cashew, almonds or pista)
1. In a sauce pan heat the water (do not boil) in medium to low flame, add the powdered jaggery and bring the flame to low. Wait for the jaggery to be completely melted. Do not boil as we are not looking for a syrup.
2. Once the jaggery is melted strain it to remove impurities and set aside, cover the lid to keep it warm.
3. In a wide non stick pan add 2 tbsp of ghee and once it melts add the wheat flour and roast it for 7 minutes in medium flame until the raw smell goes and the flour has changed colour to golden brown. Make sure that you do not burn it.
4. Now add the jaggery to the roasted wheat flour and mix quickly. Take help from someone and make sure that the flour is fully dissoved in the jaggery.
5. Now add the cardamom powder and switch off.
6. Fry the nuts in the remaining ghee and top the halwa.
7. Serve warm or cold.
Enjoy the buttery smooth and silky wheat halwa :-)
|Jaggery based halwa recipe|
1. To make the best wheat halwa always use homemade ghee. You can check my recipe here how to make ghee at home.
2. You can sieve the flour before roasting it. But I did not do it.
3. Using nuts is totally optional.
4. Make sure that the halwa is stored in an air tight container and refrigerated for upto 3 days.
5. Take care not to burn the wheat flour while roasting and using a non stick helps to reduce the amount of ghee used. You can always add more ghee for richness.
CHANNA DAL HALWA