|Vegan Orange Cake|
Oranges are in full bloom this season. Every week I never fail to bring back home a dozen oranges and enjoy them daily. Every time I think of cooking/ baking with oranges and it never happens. The fruit craze that I am end up eating oranges instead. This time I saved up 2 oranges just to make this cake since I had bookmarked it for long. This recipe of Orange cake calls for no butter no eggs and no milk. Its a Vegan orange cake recipe that is so moist yet delicious with every bite. And you do not need an electric whisk/ have to keep the butter in room temperature none of it. Just a simple one bowl orange cake recipe. Isn't it too simple? I love snack cakes such as this. Now lets move on to the recipe.
|Egg-free Butter-free Orange Cake|
|Orange sponge cake|
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE RECIPE
Recipe - here
Prep time - 5 mins
Bake time - 40-45 mins
Serves - 6" cake/ 6 slices
Maida/ All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup (powdered)
Oil - 1/3 cup (any flavourless oil)
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Oranges- 2 large
Orange zest - 1 tbsp (skin rind grated)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - for greasing the cake tin
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F/ 180 C for ten minutes. And prepare a 6" cake tin by greasing it with oil, set aside.
2. Grate the orange zest and squeeze the orange juice in a bowl extract as much juice and pulp discarding the seeds.
3. In a bowl add the powdered sugar, flour, juice, orange zest and oil and mix well. Now add water to this mixture combine well. Do not mix for long, now add the baking powder and baking soda mix well.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes clean.
5. Let the cake cool in a wire rack for ten minutes later transfer to a plate cut into slices and serve warm/cold
|Low Calorie Orange Snack Cake|
Make sure you use unwaxed oranges to get the zest of the orange. Do not grate the white part of the skin
You can add orange blossom extract for more of an orange punch flavour instead of vanilla extract/essence
The cake took me 45 minutes to bake but you can check the cake after 30 minutes
You can add 1/2 cup almond meal by skipping 1/2 cup flour to have a almond flavoured cake
The cake tastes great the next day, the outer sides get soft and crumbly the next day.
Linking this recipe to Vegan thursday an event by Priya aks & SYS event by Viji
Learn how to make
Orange Kheer (milk pudding)
Custard powder marble cake
Vegan Coconut cake