Recipe Source - Own
Serves - 3-4 (small-medium servings)
Prep time - 10-15 mins
Refregiration time - 1 hour
Milk (low fat) - 1/2 ltr
Sugar - 1-2 tbsp
Cornflour - 1 tbsp (mixed with 2-3 tbsp warm milk)
Orange segments - 1 cup (deseeded)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- In a milk pan boil milk and reduce it to half the quantity and thickens in medium-low flame for 7 minutes. In the mean time make a thin paste out of cornflour and milk and add to the simmering milk
- Let the milk thicken and now add required sugar and cardamom powder. Remove from flame and transfer to another bowl to start the cooling process. Now add the orange segments along with the juice and mix well
- Cover with a lid and let it refrigerate for 2-3 hours
1. I used sweet variety of orange and make sure you add the orange segments only after the milk is cooled down.
2. Adding cornflour paste makes the kheer thicken.
3. You can adjust the sugar for sugarfree or any natural sweeter.
4. You can also add chopped nuts or saffron dissolved milk too, I did not add then for this kheer still it tasted great.