|Soya Kheema Masala|
|Soya Aloo Subzi|
Recipe - Own
Serves - 4
Prep time - 15 mins
Cook time - 15 mins
Serving suggestion - along with dosa, chappati, appam or roti
Soya chunks/ meal maker - 90 gms / 20 pieces
Water - 5 cups (to cook soya granules)
Potato - 1 large, peeled & cubed into small pieces
Onion - 2 medium chopped fine
Tomato - 2 medium pureed
Oil - 1 tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1" piece
Clove - 2
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Mutton/ chicken masala - 1 and 1/2 tbsp (refer notes)
water - 1 cup (to cook curry)
Salt - to taste
Curry leaves - 1 spring, 10 leaves chopped
Coriander leaves - chopped 1 tbsp to garnish
1. In a saucepan bring 5 cups water to boil. Add 2 tsp of sat to this with 1 tsp of milk (helps to remove smell from meal maker). Switch off when the water starts boiling. Add the soya chunks to this and set aside for 10 minutes to swell up.
2. Once the soya granules swell up, drain the excess water, wash the soya granules in cold water 2-3 times and squeeze out excess water set aside. Later chop the soya chunks into small pieces. Like I have done in the picture below
3. Now prepare the base for the subzi. Heat oil in a wide pan, add the whole spices - bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, clove and fennel seeds. Once it releases aroma (in 30 seconds) add the onions and saute well. Once the onions turn colour add green chillis and ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
4. Now add the spice masala, mix well and add tomato puree. Combine well and check for salt at this stage.
5. Add potatoes with extra 2 cups water from the mixier of tomato puree. Mix well. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Now add the soya mince and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes in simmer, check for salt and spice level.
6. Now add chopped curry leaves and further cook until the water is half and the curry is nice and thick.
Serve hot with rotis, pulkas, chappati or dosa
|Meal Maker Kheema Curry|
1. You can replace potatoes with peas/ even make it plain
2. Instead of mutton/chicken masala add 1 tsp of red chilli powder, 1 tbsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder
3. If you want the curry to me more creamy add coconut paste/ fresh cream
You can add chopped mint for more fragrant curry
Also learn how to cook
Soya Chunks Fried rice
Raw Banana Kheema Kofta
Mutton Kheema cutlet