Easter is on Sunday and if you are looking for a fuss free last minute dessert idea, then look no further, this biscuit pudding is a delicious way to end your Easter meal. This dessert is so quick to make, you can make it ahead and serve on the big day. And even if you just have an hour in hand it would be just right to try this last minute dessert. It does not require much time to set so the time you need is just to serve it cold. You can do variations to the recipe by using cut fruit, nuts, caramel sauce, nutella or even whipped cream. The options are wide open. Since you all know I love chocolates and biscuits so this is one heavenly combo to miss.
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE BISCUIT PUDDING RECIPE
Recipe Source - here
Serves - 4 medium jars
Prep time - 10 mins
Set time - less than an hour
Marie biscuit/ Arrowroot Biscuits - 2 packs (50 biscuits) - use your favourite brand
Butter - 1/4 cup at room temperature
Milk - 3 cups
Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Cornflour - 4 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 3 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
1. In a bowl using your hand crush the biscuits, add butter & vanilla and mix well until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. In a sauce pan add cornflour, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and sugar mix well and heat the saucepan keep mixing the whisk until the mixture becomes thick and gets cooked. Switch off. Let it cool down completely.
3. In mini jars/ glasses layer the biscuit crumbs and the chocolate pudding and place in the refrigerator to chill
4. Serve chilled & enjoy
1. You can do variations but using fruit custard and chocolate pudding in layers.
2. Other variations like using whipped cream, fruit, nuts, chocolate chips or ice cream can be done.
3. Adding a little rum can also give a lovely flavour.
EASTER RECIPES TO TRY
WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN - PEPPER & LEMON
LAMB MINCE CUTLETS/ KEBABS
KERALA CHICKEN ROAST
HOT CROSS BUNS
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE
BLACK FOREST TRIFLE