|Sooji Masala Toast|
|Semolina Masala Toast|
|Sooji Toast Recipe|
SEMOLINA / SOOJI TOAST RECIPE
Recipe - Own
Servings - 8-10
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 1-2 minutes per slice
Sandwich Bread - 10 slices cut diagonally to halfs
Semolina/ Suji/ Sooji - 1/2 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Carrots - 1 grated
Coriander & mint leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Green chilli - 1 sliced and finely chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/3 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/3 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - as required to grease toast
1. Cut the Bread slices diagonally and set aside. Take a bowl combine sooji(semolina), turmeric, red chilli, green chilli, carrot, coriander and mint leaves, curd and mix well. Now add salt and water combine well. The mixture should be semi-thick like dosa/ pancake batter.
2. Bring a skillet to hot add 1 tsp of oil. Dip one bread slice to the prepared mixture and coat the other side and place on the skillet, let it cook for 30-40 seconds. Add more oil on the top side of the toast flip side and let it cook.
3. Repeat the same for the remaining toast.
Serve warm along with tomato ketch up.
1. You can add finely chopped capsicum to the batter but I did not include them.
2. You can use butter for a rich flavour.
3. Adding green chilli and red chili powder is for spice you can skip.