|Baked Potato Wedges|
Potato wedges are a bigger variation to French fries usually served in diners and in fish & chips. Unpeeled potatoes are cut into wedges and marinated with spices along with oil. Later baked/ fried and served along with ketchup/ any dipping sauce. The outer is usually crisp and inside is soft making it so enjoyable. I have shared a basic Indian spiced version of potato wedges you can almost use any kind of seasoning that you prefer.
Verdict - Totally addictive and make sure you make a huge batch. Also these are way better and lighter to treat yourself compared to the deep fried versions.
|Spicy potato wedges|
Recipe Source - Own Serves - 2 Prep time - 10 mins Bake time - 20 mins
Medium- large potatoes - 3
Water - 3 cups Salt - to taste
Hing - 2 pinches
Paprika - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp (I used olive oil)
1. Wash the potatoes (with skin) and scrub them with a brush to remove all traces of sand/ dirt. You can peel any thick skin that looks ugly. Now Chop into wedges and set aside
2. In a saucepan boil water along with salt. To this add the chopped potato wedges and let it boil for 5 minutes. Now drain all excess water.
3. Line the wedges on a kitchen towel to remove all moisture.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180 C/ 350 F for ten minutes. Marinate the spices to the potatoes (paprika, salt, turmeric, hing) Line on a foiled tray and bake for 20 minutes turning side half way through.
5. You will hear a sizzling sound while the wedges are almost done. Remove tray from the oven and transfer the wedges to a serving dish. Serve hot along with tomato ketchup and enjoy
|Baked potato wedges recipe|
Make sure you do not peel the potato skin, wedges usually are made along with the skins
You can use any kind of flavouring like - salt & pepper, oregano, rosemary, thyme and so on
Half cooked potatoes take less time to bake and you can be sure that the potatoes are well cooked inside instead of having a raw taste
Check out more healthy guilt free snack ideas below
Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Masala Roasted Makhana (Lotus seeds)
Chickpeas & green moong salad
Baked Apple Chips
Tomato & strawberry salsa