|Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe|
Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian, when it comes to Vegetarian starters apart from Paneer the other favorite has to be Gobi manchurian. Its juicy, soft and such an appetizing starter. I love it both ways juicy and crispy be it a dry or semi dry version. A perfect dish for a party or potluck, I remember making this dish for a potluck with friends and everyone loved it so much and got over in no time. That's when I realized I had to post this recipe on my blog, so here it is. Its easy to make and in less than 40 minutes u can make this recipe (2-3 people) and may be under an hour for more number of people. i love to make recipes such as this at home rather than eating out, one good reason is homemade tastes so good and you can control the use of oil and you can pick fresh ingredients and make them at home. Secondly in restaurants they add too much food color and MSG (ajinomoto) for taste but the recipe I am sharing with you today does not have any artificial color or additives. Trust me this dish tastes much better when you make it at home, also I have not used any baking soda in the marinate used to fry the gobi.
|Restaurant Style Gobi/ Cauliflower Manchurian|
|How to make Gobi manchurian|
GOBI MANCHURIAN | CAULIFLOWER MANCHURIAN RECIPE
Recipe Source - Own
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 20 mins
Serves - 2-3 generously
Serving suggestion - as a starter or side to fried rice/ pulao
Onion - 1 large, quartered
Green capsicum - 1/2, quartered
Spring onions - 3 tbsp chopped
Garlic - 4 pods finely chopped
Ginger - 1" piece finely chopped
Green chilli - 1 finely minced
Red chilli flakes - 2 tsp (adjust according to spice tolerance)
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Salt - as required
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cauliflower florets - 15-20 (partly cooked)
All purpose flour/ maida - 1/2 cup
Cornflour - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Water - as required to make a medium thick batter
1. In a saucepan heat 4 cups water, once it comes to a boil add in the cauliflower florets and cook for 3 minutes until the florets change color and partially cooked (around 60% cooked)
2. Remove the florets using a slotted spoon and discard the water. Let the florets cool down to room temperature.
3. Prepare the marinate using all purpose flour, salt, soy sauce, pepper and mix well to a medium thick batter. Pour able consistency.
4. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying, once it is hot, add the florets to the marinate and coat them equally.
5. Drop 4-5 pieces of the battered florets in hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes turning sides.
6. Remove the fried florets using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil in kitchen towel.
7. Repeat the process for all cauliflower florets until done.
8. Now prepare the base for manchurian. Heat a kadi/ wok with oil add in the minced ginger and garlic give it few seconds to release aroma, don't burn them.
9. Tip in the green chilli and onions saute until onions are half done. Now add the capsicum and saute for a minute, add in the sauces - chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar, also the water. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add the chilli flakes and the batter fried cauliflower mix well.
11. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
1. Soy sauce, tomato sauce and chilli sauce all have added salt so be careful while adding salt.
2. Adding sugar and vinegar give a lovely taste to this recipe. So do not skip this.
3. all the added sauces give color to this recipe so food color is not used.
4. Make sure to add minced ginger, garlic and green chilli they add amazing flavor to this recipe. Use pink onions and you can use or skip capsicum or bell pepper.
5. Use flaked red chilli for additional spice. The recipe above gives a mildly spicy gobi manchurian.
6. If you want the gobi manchurian to be super crispy make sure to double fry them.
|Gobi Manchurian / Cauliflower Manchurian - Easy Veg starter recipe|
ROASTED CORN ON THE COB