After all the cakes & bakes at home I am in no mood to eat anything sweet, so my breakfasts now are mostly drinks or fruits. I don't call this a diet but still I am just playing it safe :P. Usually I love to enjoy fruits as they are but I do love to have drinks/ smoothies that make its super simple yet delicious. So the other day I tried this pomegranate milkshake and it was super yum. If you have picky eaters at home and ones that will not eat pomegranate this is a great way to add this fruit to their diet.
We all know that Pomegranates are known as a blood purifier, they are best source of antioxidants and also aid in increasing immunity. Not only that they have the ability to reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure and even in suppressing depression to a great extent. I must say that there is so much magic to colored fruits and vegetables that they are so good for our health. And me being a fruit lover, pomegranate comes handy ;-) although I must agree the job of seeding the pomegranate is sure some work but eventually I am sure we all do it right?
POMEGRANATE MILKSHAKE RECIPE
Source ~ Own
Serves ~ 2 tall glasses
Prep time ~ 10 mins
Pomegrate seeds - 3 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - if required
- Deseed the pomegranate and set aside. Add them to a blender and make a smooth paste, strain the seeds and excess pulp and discard.
- Now add the thick pulp with the milk and sugar if using and blend well.
Serve in tall glasses and enjoy
- For a vegan option use soy milk
- Adding sugar is totally optional I skipped it.
- You can also add your preferred nuts to add more nutty flavor