Pink Guava are in abundance right now, so I wanted to make sure that I make good use of them, so the other day I tried to make a sweet lassi using pink guava and it was delicious. Right from childhood I have had this fond affection towards Guava fruit, the ripe kind. Amma keeps saying that when ever she wanted to keep me busy she would give me a ripe guava fruit and I would keep mushing over it for about an hour ;-). Now you know how much I love this fruit. Back then I had this fond liking towards the white variety of guava (green apple guava) but off late I have fallen in love for these pink beauties. If you have been following my lil blog you would know that I am a big lassi fan ;-), this time around I wanted to try a lassi using guava fruit. To my surprise it was absolutely yum and stayed fresh even after 1 day.
Guava is a tropical fruit that is rich in nutrition. The are low in calories, rich in dietary fibers, high in vitamin C and rich in potassium compared to bananas. Guavas also helps in weight loss and digestion, so I tried to combine it along with curd to make a great tasting lassi. Give it a try and I am sure you will keep making it again and again.
PINK GUAVA LASSI RECIPE
Recipe Source ~ Own
Prep time ~ 20 mins
Pink Guava - 5 nos, washed & quartered
Curd - 1 & 1/2 cup ( I used lowfat)
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - as required (optional)
- In a saucepan heat 2 cups water and when it comes to a boil, add the quartered guava pieces and let it cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Switch off discard the water and set aside to come to room temperature
- Add the cooked guava, curd, water and sugar in batches, puree them to smooth.
- Using a strainer strain to remove the seeds
Serve chilled/ immediately
- Cooking guava helps the drink to stay fresh for long
- I added more guava for the pink color to remain
- You can add half glass milk too for this recipe
Check out my other Lassi Recipes