|Spicy Masala Pori Recipe|
|Kara Pori | Spicy Murmura Recipe|
Prep time - 3 minutes
Cook time - 5 mins
Serving suggestion - as a snack along with coffee/ tea
Puffed rice / pori - 4 cups
Garlic pods - 5 smashed with skins on
Groundnuts - 1/2 cup
Roasted fried gram - 1/3 cup
Curry leaves - 8 leaves
Hing/ asefotidea - 1 pinch
Turmeric powder - 1/3 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the groundnuts and roast for 3-4 minutes until they firm up, add in the fried gram and garlic, roast for 2 minutes until the fried gram changes color.
2. Now add the curry leaves and switch off the stove add in the spices - turmeric, red chilli powder, hing and salt.
3. Add the puffed rice and mix well until all the puffed rice is well coated with spices.
4. Once the mixture cools down store in an air tight container.
|Easy Indian snack recipe | Oil free Indian snack recipe|
1. Make sure to roast the groundnuts and fried gram dal until they urn color and make sure you roast them in low- medium flame. This helps in even cooking.
2. Make sure to add the spice powders only after switching off the stove else the spices will get burnt.
3. You can add any kind of nuts like cashew almonds or pista to this mixture. You can skip oil and add ghee.
Masala Roasted Makhana (Lotus seeds)
Chickpeas & green moong salad
Baked Apple Chips
Tomato & strawberry salsa
Masala corn on the cob