|Mixed Vegetable Brinji with coconut milk|
|Vegetable Biryani with coconut milk|
|Onion Mint Raita|
VEGETABLE BRINJI SADAM | MINED VEGETABLE BIRYANI
Recipe Source - Own
Serve - 4 generously
Prep time - 15 mins
Cook time - 20 mins
Serving suggestion - Raita, potato chips/appalam
1 cup Basmathi rice / long grain rice
1 cup water to cook rice
1 cup coconut milk
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of oil
1 large tomato chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp corriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/3 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp jeera/cumin powder
5 nos Cashew broken
2 cups chopped veggies (I used carrots, beans & potato)
handful of mint leaves
3 green chillis
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 " cinnamon stick
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup water to grind + 1/2 cup to mix
2 big onions
1" piece ginger
5 garlic pods
1. Wash the rice two to three times in running water and soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Grind the 3 set of ingredients to grind and set aside.
3. Keep a pressure cooker in the stove and on medium flame add oil. Add the bay leaf and wait for it to release aroma.
4. Now add the cashew, onion paste and saute for 2-3 minutes until it is well cooked. Now add the tomatoes saute for 3 minutes until it is nice and mushy.
5. Add in the mint paste mix well and cook further for a minute.
6. Add the spices, salt, turmeric, red chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala powder mix well.
7. Add the coconut milk and cut vegetables cook covered for 4 minutes.
8. Add 1 cup water and the drained rice mix well. Check for salt and spice.
9. Cook covered for 3 whistles or for 10 minutes in medium-low flame. Switch off.
10. Let the pressure gradually come down.
11. Remove the weight/ whistle and open mix well.
12. Serve immediately or place in a hot pack to serve later.
|Vegetable Brinji Sadam|
ONION PUDINA RAITA
2 Big onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup washed and chopped mint/pudina
1 cup thick curd
2-3 tbsp water
Salt as required
Beat the curd well in a bowl. Add chopped onions and pudina. Add little salt to taste.
|Varagu Payasam | Kodo Millet Recipe|
VARAGU PAL PAYASAM | KODO MILLET KHEER | MILLET PAYASAM RECIPE
Recipe - Own
Serves - 4 Generously
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 10 mins
Varagu / Kodo millet - 1/4 cup
water - 1 cup to cook millet
Sugar- 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/3 tsp
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cashew - 3nos chopped
Ghee - 1 tsp to roast nuts
1. In a saucepan boil water, rinse the kodo millet for 2-3 times and add to boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add ghee in a pan roast the nuts, add milk, sugar and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the cooked millet to this along with cardamom powder.
4. Add coconut milk and cook further for 3 minutes, switch off
Serve warm/ chilled.