|Eggless Mango Pudding Recipe|
Mangoes are in full bloom, somehow this year I was too hesitant to pick them since its so hot and I had my own fears of having mangoes and still do. But the other half insisted on getting mangoes and the food blogger calling came all alive, I wanted to try a dessert with mangoes and here goes my version of a quick and simple eggless mango pudding. Within and hour this dessert can be done ahead and enjoyed with a fluff of whipped cream/ ice cream too.
|Mango dessert Recipe|
|Mango Custard Pudding|
EGGLESS MANGO PUDDING WITH PRALINE
Recipe - Own
Serves - 6 mini pots
Ripe Mangoes - 2, chopped & pureed roughly 1 and 1/4 cup puree.
Milk - 1 cup (boiled, reduced & cooled
Cornflour powder - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Pineapple essence - 1/3 tsp (flavour)
Cashew - 10 nos roughly chopped
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Butter - 1 tsp
1. In a saucepan mix mango puree, milk, cornflour, sugar, pineapple essence and mix well until combined.
2. Bring this to a boil in medium flame for 3-4 minutes until the custard is nice and thick. Switch off and let it cool down.
3. Once its half cooled, pour into cups/ bowls and refrigerate for minimum an hour to set.
4. To make praline - add sugar and butter in a pan and keep on medium flame, let it melt and turn golden. Now add chopped cashew and mix well.
5. Pour this caramel onto a parchment/ butter paper to cool down.
6. Once cooled place another butter paper on top and crush the praline with a rolling pin.
7. Just before serving top the mango custard with the praline and serve chilled.
|Easy Mango Dessert Ideas|
1. You can use cardamom/ saffron/ vanilla bean to flavor this pudding.
2. Alternately use pista, walnuts, almond to make the praline.
3. You can use your favorite variety of mangoes and make sure they are ripe else you may have to add more sugar.
4. You can sweeten the custard using condensed milk for a rich flavour.
5. Use the same custard base to make any fruit pudding like banana, strawberry, melon, blueberry etc.